Apply online to become a member of the Individual Member of the International Federation of Podiatrists through the link below.
International Association of Individual Podiatrists (IAIP)
FIP is mainly a federation of national member associations. In addition, FIP welcomes individual podiatrists to become members of a group within FIP called the International Association of Individual Podiatrists (IAIP).
To be eligible for membership, candidate podiatrists:
- must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in podiatry or an internationally recognised equivalent of which the curriculum meets the minimum knowledge, skills, and competencies required to practice the profession;
- practice in a country where no national podiatry association exists; and
- are not an individual member of a Full or Provisional Member of FIP.
What does FIP offer to individual members?
- Be part of the international podiatry community.
- Enjoy the backing of a recognised, global podiatry federation to help meet national requirements.
- An opportunity to network and exchange experience and best practices with other like-minded associations.
- Contribute to joint action and advocacy with the European Commission.
- Contribute to and benefit at a national level from the European recognition and legal status of podiatry as a healthcare profession.
- Benefit from the endeavours of the European Council of Podiatry (ECP), a committee of FIP, to ensure that podiatrists across the European continent can acquire the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed through a harmonised common training framework and can practice podiatry legally as a recognised healthcare profession anywhere in Europe.
- Benefit from FIP's forging and maintaining relationships with relevant organisations to combine forces, create synergy, increase FIP's global reach, and strengthen its advocacy and credibility.
- Benefit at a national level from FIP's actions with governments to recognise podiatry as a healthcare profession.
- Benefit from the ability of individual podiatrists to exercise podiatry as a healthcare profession in other countries.
- Be part of subcommittees within the FIP organisation
- Be a contributor to FIP and the Podiatry Profession
- Discounts/offers on educational activities or products which are endorsed within the FIP.
The membership fee is 100 € per year.